https://edci335a02pod6.opened.ca/

Hello pod 6!

First of all, thank you for sharing your Interactive Learning Resource! As I am a Canadian-born Chinese, I enjoyed learning more about the Chinese Culture and their traditions!

I just was curious as to how you knew some of the information you provided in the in your sources? Would you maybe consider using in-text citations for the information provided so the learner has a source they could also refer to? However, you did an excellent job at referencing all your sources at the bottom of each page! Correct me if I’m wrong but I just think it might be easier for a learner to know where they can find information on the specifics that they are reading at that same moment!

In EDCI 335 we learned about Inclusive Design and Accessible Learning. Another thing to possibly consider for your assessments is will all students be able to have the necessities to access all the different assignments you are including? For example, one of your assignments include writing a blog in response to a prompt from a live-session. What would happen if students cannot attend that live session? For example, if the student is a full-time working parent during the day that just did not have the time to attend the class synchronously. Would you consider recording the live session and posting it to the classroom website? Or maybe posting the questions asked to the classroom website so those who could not attend still have access?

I may have missed something but another question I have involving accessible learning is: what if students do not have access to a working microphone on their device, would you consider having alternative methods for students to work together online?

I really appreciated the layout of your resource and how easy everything was to find! Please correct me if I’m wrong as I could be mistaken, but I was just curious if on the main “Learning Resource” page, you realized that the order of how the posts are posted is different than how it is listed using the “Learning Resource” navigation menu at the top? It could possibly be easier for a learner user to ensure they are going through topics and completing assignments on time/in the right order if both the navigation menu and main “learning resource page” have the topics listed in the same order.

Overall, really great job on your resource and I loved the design/layout! I also especially enjoyed reading through your material and learning more about my culture and tradition and their background! I hope you take my questions into consideration when creating your final design!